Visit Our Mobile Site
Owner Mary Thompson gives delightful tours of her ancestral home. Catalpa is filled with exceptional antiques; rosewood Mallard parlor pieces, Sevres whale-oil lamp, crystal cranberry champagne glasses, antique silver, china and porcelain, but also brims over with warm and hospitality from gracious hostess.
Catalpa is one of the few plantations still owned and occupied by descendants of the original builder. William Fort established Catalpa when he came to Louisiana in the late 1700's. By 1850, Catalpa was a thriving cotton and sugar plantation. During the Civil War, the Fort's hid many of their fine treasures in the adjacent pond to prevent their destruction by the union army. Some of these pieces are on display at Catalpa today. "There is always such a good time to be had at the Forts" the saying went a century ago, and the same holds true today. Catalpa is a warm and gracious home filled with family history and family treasures of five generations.
Open for tours: By AppointmentCall number above.
Louisiana West Feliciana Parish Tourist Commission, Email Us 1 (800) 789-4221
Copyright WFP Tourist Commission / Designed by Blue Goose Media